1. It's been a stressful few days here. My Mom had surgery yesterday, and she's doing well now. She has a lot of health issues, and almost died the last time she had surgery, so we were all very worried this time around. I'm so relieved and emotionally spent.
2. I went to pick up lunch for work today at Five Guys. The dude in front of me was wearing a skirt and carrying a "man bag." Yup. Actually, it was a black kilt, but he sure didn't sound Scottish. Now, if men wearing skirts is normal in your area, or if you or a male loved one is a kilt/skirt wearer, then forgive my snark, but male skirt wearing is not typical here in the midwest. (Unless said skirt wearer is playing bag pipes, then we think it's sort of awesome.) My Facebook friends think I should have taken a picture, but really? Hairy, middle aged man in a skirt? You don't want to see that. Trust me, I know what's best for you.
3. Skirt guy had 2 teenage girls with him. Now, when I was a kid, I thought my parents did embarrassing things. Can you imagine?! Daa-aaaaaddd! Please don't wear your skirt to Five Guys! I will so die.
4. The worst part of the Skirt Guy Sighting? I didn't have a friend there to exchange amused looks with. Some things are just more fun with a friend along.
5. We are planning a vacation here soon. It will require a 13 hour drive, and I'm so not a road trip kind of person. I'm not even looking forward to going, because of the mind numbing boredom of the drive.
6. It will be fun once we are there, but I will be dreading the trip back the whole time. I wish we had a transporter beam.
7. I introduced my kids to their first Weird Al tune this week. "Eat It." They loved it, and my husband thought it was
8. I don't think I'll make it to 13.
9. If I do, I don't think you'll still be awake.
10. I was working with a kid at work who was filling out a questionnaire. He asked me how to spell "chihuahua", then needed to know how to spell the dog's name, Poppy. I didn't know if he meant "Poppy" or "Pappy" or some other variation of Grandpa, so I asked him, "Poppy like the flower?" He looked at me like I was totally nuts, and said "No! Poppy like the dog!" Oh, of course, THAT Poppy!
11. Most cats like to sit inside and look out the window. My cat likes to sit outside and look inside the window. Does that make him a Peeping Tom?
12. For more Thursday 13 posts, click here .
13. This video is fairly awesome-I laughed out loud. Not the fake, LOL-I'm-laughing-on-the-inside, but for real. I hope this works....