Friday, March 4, 2011

Bringin' Back the Mojo

Oh, yeah! I have a blog, don't I? Maybe I ought to post something more than once a month or so, huh?  The thing is, I'm just not feeling the blog writing mojo this year-hopefully I can get back into it.

I decided to participate in My Little Life's Five Question Friday to help get the mojo flowing again.  (Does "mojo" flow, or does it just exist in a solid form? Gaseous vapor, perhaps? Hmmmm....)  Anywho, here goes:

1. Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school?

You know, I honestly don't think I have.  I'm not sure why that surprises me so much, either.  There was once, though, when my daughter was about 3 and was throwing a screaming fit through Marshall's that I would have liked to forget her, LOL! I had recently had a baby, and I remember crying all the way home thinking, "Why, God? Why can't I ever have any time for just me?" Ah.....the good old days.....


2. Where did you go on your very first date? (Like...first first, not first with your spouse or current significant other!)

My first date was a double date at age 15.  We went to the mall, walked around the food court, and then saw Pretty Woman.  I was rocking some acid washed jeans, rolled up at the cuffs to show off my neon green scrunch socks.  I topped my stylish ensemble with a fluorescent pink, long sleeved shirt.  I was rocking a spiral perm, complete with curled bangs, and "wings" at the sides.  Seriously-I used to hold my long hair straight out at the sides, douse it with some Lady Breck or Aussie Sprunch hairspray, and then shoot it with the blow dryer so that I got a good 4-5 inches of it to stick straight out.  Lovely.  Combined with the braces, I was one hot mama.  I suppose it's a sign that I remember more about what I wore and how I looked than I remember about the actual date...

3. What's your "silly" fear? (We're not talking water and heights.)

I'm freaked out by images of those green aliens with the big, almond shaped eyes.  Other than that, and sometimes being a little afraid to walk into a dark room, my other fears are less silly-to some people anyway.
4. Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with is as it comes, or run far far away?

I not only run away from confrontation, but I take a cab to the airport and fly away from it.  Just the mere thought of any type of confrontation makes me nervous.  However, if something needs to be said or done, I will do it-if no one else will.  I'm more of a diplomat than a peacemaker at all costs. When I was a kindergarten teacher, I was often the one "chosen" to speak up about some injustice or problem, because I can generally handle situations tactfully without losing my cool.  Although, the older I get, the more outspoken I become...  Then there's that whole "when I get mad I cry" problem, which embarrasses me, so I get madder, and cry harder.  I prefer to take the head in the sand approach as long as possible.

5. Wood floors or carpet?

Wood floors look nice, but I also like the softness and comfort of carpet.   Right now, they both need to be cleaned, so I'm not happy with any of it.  I've always thought that a concrete floor with a drain in the middle would be kind of awesome from a practicality standpoint-hose it down once a week, and we're good to go!

Ok, there we go.  I'm not going to link up at My Little Life this time, but I encourage you to go over there and check out the other posts!

6 comments:

  1. -encouragement-
    We're still out here, still reading! So keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ~ I'm with you my mojo has be hyjacked, probably by some green alien with almond shaped eyes! lol - I have faith that we'll get back to that special place and post once again!

    Yours truly, The Pathetic Poster (aka ~ Monica) ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blogging mojo has been pretty low lately too. Life keeps getting in the way. Now I'm going to read your thoughts on Jeggings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My silly fear? Clowns. Is that silly? Not to me. To me they're terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go back and forth...some weeks I feel like I rock the blog world...other weeks I barely feel like blogging, and when I do? I read back what I wrote and totally think it sucks.

    My weird fear? The drains at the bottom of pools. Especially when the pool is empty. Why? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I am your newest follower...Please stop by and say hi....and follow me too!
    Thanks,
    Maureen
    Areyouamom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails