Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bethany's Law

I'm sure we've all heard of Murphy's Law; if anything CAN go wrong, it WILL, and at the WORST possible time.  Well, I'm going to write about Bethany's Law, which means.....well, basically......um.....ok, it means the same darn thing, I just wanted to personalize it more.  Without further rambling ado (?) adeiu (?) adoo (?) (what the heck? Why don't I know how to spell that word?!) delay, here we go!

Just when you have almost successfully completed day 2 of solo lunch duty, and you've managed to get 125+ kindergarten and first graders (mostly) quiet while they put their trays up, someone will puke.

After it's snowed hard all day, you've spent 10 minutes chipping the ice of your car after work and are worried you won't be home when your kids get off the bus, your car battery will turn out to be dead.

After you've managed to make good eating choices for a few days, and have started to feel good about the way your pants are feeling looser, the above will happen, and you will stress eat 10 vanilla sugar wafers, some grasshopper cookies, leftover taco salad, a roll of Smarties and a bowl of hot and sour soup in the space of 90 minutes.

When you receive a set of gloves, hat and scarf for Christmas that do not match your coat at all, and decide that you now have a good excuse to buy a new winter coat to match, the gloves will develop big holes in them the second time you wear them.

Just when you get all the laundry done, your husband will clean out his closet, and unearth 2-3 loads of forgotten about towels, shirts, and other stuff.  You will leave these "discoveries" for him to wash, which means that they are still sitting in a pile outside his closet door 3 weeks later.

Ok-that's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there will be more.  What can you add?

Oh, guess what? Even though I've been such a slacker blogger for...um...months now, I won an award! Awesome! I'll post about it soon, and let you know who gave it to me, and all the details before I pass it along.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Bethany I've SO had those days. I can add: you think it's a blessing when your little guy goes to bed a little early. Woot! More "me" time. But then he wakes up at 4:30 a.m. the next morning. Nice.

    Just when you're brain dead, exhausted, and have finished the dishes you go to relax on the couch. Then your teenager wants help with math homework. She needs to calculate all possible outcomes if three dice are rolled and two coins are flipped. Aye, aye, aye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly feel your pain. I've had many days like that. The dead battery sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very familiar with the dead battery. I can't tell you how many times I've had issues with that. Hope you get a little rest from "Bethany's Law" for awhile...though I'm sorry to say that probably won't happen. I've never had much luck with getting rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lady...you had me rolling at the paragraph about food...all too often I do the same thing! No way to sugar coat it, but that really sucks...I am wishing you better days!! As always, you put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing about the puking kid--that's the story of my life! It never fails...all is hunky-dory, and for SOME REASON those little'uns have not figured out what that funny feeling means. It's either on their tray or the carpet as you run them to the bathroom...And I put off my annual checkup because I didn't want to get on the scale after the holidays, only to NOT behave myself for a solid month...so I'm not going to be in any better shape on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails