So, tell me, is it just me, or do you....
- always wear socks to the OB/GYN? Even if I wear sandals, I bring along a pair of socks to wear because "Oh my gawsh! I can't let him see my feet!"
- put wrinkled clothes in the dryer for a while, hoping that you won't have to actually iron?
- buy yourself a candy bar at the grocery store on those rare occasions when you get to go alone, and snarf it down quickly in the car on the way home so you don't have to share it with your kids?
- get a little jealous of people who actually really don't mind ordering grilled chicken or fish and steamed vegetables at restaurants, instead of the cheesy, creamy, fatty, high caloric items (ie-things that taste good)? Honestly, when I'm trying to eat "healthy" (ie-trying to not have to buy yet another size up in pants), I'd rather eat a Lean Cuisine at home than have to choke down an overpriced slab of plain chicken at a restaurant.
- get annoyed as you listen to your Mom talk about how her Mom is annoying her? (she's 84 Mom, if she thinks the cake you baked 2 months ago had white icing when it really had chocolate icing, then WHO CARES?! True story.)
- spritz some Febreeze around before company comes just so it smells like you've been cleaning?
- feel completely satisfied with just wandering around Target when you finally get some alone time? (Added points if you smile and get a little giddy when you hear other children crying/whining/fighting with siblings/begging for toys because you're thinking to yourself, "Haha! That's not my kid!")
- ever introduce yourself to someone you've already met
several times? Yes, true story, sadly. I have a bad habit of not recognizing people when they are out of the normal context of where I am used to seeing them. It's so embarrassing.
- have to rehearse in your head what you are going to say before you make a business call? (Added points if you forget what you were going to say when they answer the phone, and you spend a few seconds being tongue-tied before stuttering or giggling nervously.)
- watch 45 minutes of a program before you remember that the program was DVR'd, and you could have been fast forwarding the commercials (and not strategically planning bathroom or snack trips so you didn't miss anything)?
- dream about writing great blog posts or witty Facebook statuses in your sleep, but then can't remember them in the morning?
I'll take any excuse to post a funny kitty picture...