I love a good meme when I have a bunch of random thoughts floating around in my head, but no coherent full story ideas. Today I'm jumping on the Thursday Thirteen bandwagon. Visit the Thursday-13 site to link up your own Thirteen, or to read more posts.
1. My daughter recently bought her first Teen Beat magazine. She's growing up too fast. Oddly enough, there were no Menudo, Scott Baio or Kirk Cameron pictures in there like I remembered. < scratching head in wonder >
2. I went to my Uncle's funeral today. There were originally 11 kids in my Dad's family, and only 7 of them remain. My brother and I were looking around wondering when all of our uncles and aunts and cousins got so old, because, of course, we haven't aged a bit!
3. I'm on a pot stickers kick lately. I bought the frozen premade kind at the store last week, and they didn't turn out too well, because they...um...stuck to the pan. (Thus the name?)
4. The dead battery is still in my purse. I did do a little
5. I appreciate the irony of the fact that I was given grief about not attending any family reunions by someone who's technically no longer even related to the family today. (Married into family, then divorced years later.) I love her, so that's ok.
6. Hmmm....I've been stuck on number 6 for a really long time.
7. No one should wear this . Unless you are a 3 year old girl, and everything else is dirty, and your Mommy just drug this out of the "Stuff That the Well Intentioned Grandma with Questionable Taste" bought at a garage sale for you to wear with your ruffly socks and white patent leather shoes.
8. I like to make Turkey and Black Bean Sloppy Joes. Well, technically, I like to eat them, not make them. They are actually fairly good for you. I loosely follow this recipe , but I use tomato sauce instead of juice, and add about 1/8 cup of ketchup, and 1 TBS of brown sugar. I also puree most of the black beans into the tomato paste, and smash the others a bit with a fork so it isn't so "bean-y". This would be a good chili recipe with a little extra tomato sauce and maybe some corn or something thrown in. And cheese. Cheese makes everything better. (I ought to have that stitched on a pillow.)
9. Five more, huh? Hmmmm. For once in my life, I'm having a little trouble coming up with randomness.
10. I recently found The Mouthy Housewives blog. It's a hilariously sarcastic, tongue in cheek "advice" column. It's very snarky, but there is much truth in the snark!
11. I want this necklace for Mother's Day. After nearly 13 years of marriage, and nearly 10 years of motherhood, I've learned that in order to get something I actually want for a gift giving holiday, I either have to purchase it myself ("Look what you bought me for Mother's Day, Honey!"), or be very deliberate and specific (there's only a 50/50 chance of this one working, but he prefers "surprising" me). I've opted to try my luck at the second strategy this time, so I showed him the computer screen and said "Look! I want THIS for Mother's Day!", and emailed him the link. We'll see what happens.
12. I'm almost there(!), and there's actually still some of Thursday left!
13. Tomorrow, I'll be back with the latest installment of "Disturbing Pictures My Son Draws", so check back Friday afternoon or evening! Also in the works, is an update to my "Library Loser" post (fyi-I'm STILL a Library Loser). If you haven't read the originals of these, the links are on my sidebar, if you are interested.