But, hey! Guess what? I'm versatile! Many adjectives, some flattering, some not so much, have been used to describe me, but never versatile. But maybe I am. After all, I can wear my hair blonde with brown highlights, or brown with blonde highlights (although two weeks later, it pretty much just looks mousy brown no matter what-I think I need to break up with my beautician), and I can drink coffee with french vanilla flavored creamer or with something chocolatey. And....ummmm...there are probably other ways I'm versatile (all equally as boring and lame), but I can't think of them. Ok, I'm pretty much a creature of routine and habit.
But, (I just started two paragraphs with "but"-that's not versatile) Lindsey from Just Another Milspouse Surviving Deployment awarded me with the Versatile Blogger award! Lindsey is one busy lady-she's a nursing student, raising her boys and taking care of everything while her husband is overseas-and she still finds the time to blog, much more regularly than me. I'm so excited to win another award-thanks, Lindsey! I would like to strive to be a more Versatile Blogger, actually. Sometimes I feel like I've written myself into a box-some days I don't feel very entertaining or funny, so I don't know what/how to write, and other days I feel like I want to do something different here, but then I want to keep some sort of a consistent theme going. I'm still new at all this. Anyhow, I'm accepting this award as a challenge to work towards.
The terms of the award say that I have to share 7 things about myself, and pass this award on. Ok, so here are my 7.
1. A kid at the tutoring company I work for which shall remain nameless, but fairly obvious, really, told my boss today that he knew that he was going to like coming there because I allowed him to be him. That was a huge compliment. Work hasn't been so great lately, so that was nice.
2. I often write blog posts in my head, and then get sick of them before I get around to posting them.
3. My husband and I are going to the Indy 500 this weekend. I'm really not much of a race fan, but we live near Indianapolis, and well, going to the track is just kind of what we do here. The people watching is the best part. At practice and qualifications the other day, I saw some...interesting folks. There was the lady with big, spiral permed, teased up to the sky hair, (honey, that ship sailed off in a cloud of Aqua Net a looooonnnnggggg time ago) that I would have been totally envious of, you know, back in 1991. Then there was the junior high aged boy wearing fireman's boots, and the dude wearing a tight basketball jersey (from a player who retired over 10 years ago) tucked into his long, army green cargo shorts.
4. I'm not a snob, merely an observer. A collector of the unusual. An appreciator of the seemingly odd. Oh heck-they were probably talking about how goofy I looked, too.
5. How can I be 35 years old and still so socially awkward at times? Ack! Awkward moment today. Don't want to talk about it, either. Nope.
6. I keep thinking it's Friday and get disappointed when I realize I have to work tomorrow.
7. I thought I was being a "cool Mom" by surprising my kids with a new Slip and Slide for the last day of school. But then my husband surprised them with the new Wii Super Mario Galaxy. Show off.
My goodness but I'm wordy! Sorry-I'm making up for lost time. Anyhow, I'd like to pass on the Versatile Blogger award to these fine, and versatile folks! Check them out!
Mary Bailey at Bell Whistle Moon
Chocolate Covered Daydreams
Monica at Organized Chaos
Thanks again, Lindsey!