Thursday, July 8, 2010

Didja miss me? ;-)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I am, in fact, still alive.  Vacation went well.  We drove to Charleston, South Carolina, which is a good 12-13 hours from us.  My kids handled the drive very well, much better in fact, than I did.  Vacation was nice-it was hot and muggy, but I'm surprisingly ok with hot and muggy.  We had a nice time walking on beaches and piers, touring the city, eating good food, riding boats, etc.  I've decided that I could live a happy life eating nothing but barbecue pork, sweet potato souffle, buttery grits with bacon, and other such heavenly southern delicacies washed down with unhealthy amount of sweet tea-except I would probably weigh 400 pounds.  I miss the ocean already....

We got home just in time for the Fourth of July.  At the last minute, we ran out and bought some fireworks, and had my parents and nephew over for dinner.  The kids enjoyed the fireworks, as usual, and we were all eaten up by mosquitoes-especially me.  Blood sucking beasts love me, my blood must be deeeee-licious.  I'm sure that vampires aren't actually real, but I've taken to wearing garlic and crucifix around my neck every day, just in case.

While I was gone, my blogging buddies Monica from Organized Chaos , AND Courtenay from Soup BOTH re-awarded me the Versatile Blogger award!  I had no idea I was so versatile! Dorky, yes.  Shy, yes.  Lazy, ummm...sort of.  Afraid of crickets in the house, yes. (They JUMP!) But now I get to add versatile to the list! (I think I'll change my hair color again and buy a new style of flipflops to celebrate this new found versatility!) Thanks ladies! Be sure and check out their blogs.  Monica is full of creative ideas, and Courtenay writes a great blog about her family's life in the country.  These ladies are both REAL moms, who I'd love to hang out with if I could.

That's all I've got for now-I'll be back tomorrow or maybe even tonight with something fun.

5 comments:

  1. Yea - Missed ya!! Glad to see you back and well rested, considering the car ride :)! Thanks for the nice words ~ You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew Charleston was a vacation mecca. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay your back :) and still alive after spending all that time in the car with the kids. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a good time and survived the car ride..lol! I think I would love a sweet potato souffle sometime soon...YUM! Congrats on the versatility...always a good quality to have, I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I missed you! And you are far too kind... I totally wanna hang out with you, too.

    I am a complete mosquito magnet, too. I can be somewhere and come home with 30 bites and my hubby will say, "There were mosquitoes?" grrr....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails