Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who I Am and Who I'm Not



Ok, so my About Me section doesn't really tell much about me. I'm sure if you've read my posts, you've gathered that I have a couple of kids, a husband, and that I volunteer in my kid's school at times. I figured-for the momentary lack of brain power to focus on coming up with any better ideas-that I'd tell you all a little more about me. Aren't you excited? Me too. Buckle up Buttercup. I just love saying that-my kids hate it when I tell them that everytime we go somewhere-which is probably why I enjoy it so much. (Hey-that could count as my first About Me thing!) Anyhow, without further adieu, or tangents-I'm just so good at adieu-ing and tangent-ing-here we go. Well, we aren't really going anywhere, but I digress (because I'm good at digress-ing, too)....


Who I Am


I am a Christian, and proud of it. Do I always act/think/speak as I should? No. That's where the "Imperfect" thing comes in-but my God loves me anyhow. He's still working on me...


I am an educator. I taught Kindergarten for a short while, and now I work for a tutoring company part time as Assistant Director of Education. I like my job, and love the people I work with. I don't miss being with other people's children full time one little bit. I get just enough of that at my current job, but then I have plenty of time with grown-ups, too. If I had it to do all over again, would I go into education? Truthfully, probably not.


I am a shy person, and I don't like being that way. Over the years, I've learned how to compensate for it in some ways, but it will always be a part of my personality. I'm an extrovert trapped in an introverts body. (That explains the extra 30 pounds-there's an extra person in there!) Deep down, I would love to be the life of the party, the social butterfly-but I'm just unable. I can only "cut loose" and be totally my goofy, silly self with just a small group of people who know me well. Trust issues, yes, but also, it's just me.


I like to read-mostly novels, historical fiction, Christian fiction, and yes, the ocasional "trashy" romance novel (imperfect, remember?) when I can't find anything else. I go through spurts with reading-I find that when I start a good book, I can't put it down, and end up not getting enough sleep, ignoring my family, and letting the house go to crap-moreso than usual. So, I go for long periods without reading much other than magazines and blogs, and then I'll get back on a roll with books


Wow-this is just some high interest entertainment, isn't it?


I spend too much time on the internet, reading blogs and Facebooking. Who doesn't, though?


Who I'm Not


I'm not very domestic, and I don't feel terribly guilty about it, really. I do enjoy decorating, but I don't like cleaning. I'm not one of those people who can't sleep if there are dishes in the sink. Now, lest you think my house is a filthy pig sty-it's not. At least 75% of the time it isn't.... I clean, do laundry, cook, etc. mostly because I have to. I make a lousy stay at home Mom. I've done it before, and seriously, my house is cleaner and things are more kept up with me working part time, because I'm happier. I need to be around other people. Not that I'm always thrilled to go to work, mind you, and I do only work about 20 hours a week (sometimes less), and I really wouldn't be happy working more. I'm basically lazy. Ok, there. I said it.


I'm not athletic. I'm reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy not athletic. I didn't grow up in a house where sports were watched on tv, and I was too shy to join any sports teams as a little kid. More importanly, I'm as clumsy and as uncoordinated as a blind, drunk elephant on a skating rink. (Picture that, for a moment...) Some of my most humiliating memories took place in gym class. I rarely understood the rules, and even when I did, my body would not cooperate with what my head (and the gym teacher) were screaming at me to do. As a teen, when kids would get together at parties and such and play volleyball, I was always trying to invent excuses to not play. It was excrutiatingly embarrassing for me. I was bad. Not just a little, "oops, sorry I missed that one bad"-but "oh no, I tried to bump the ball and ended up hitting it behind me and broke all my nails, and stepped on the feet of the person behind me-for the 8th time" bad.


I'm not good with sitting still. I get antsy, and need something new to focus on often-I can't just sit and think, or sit and listen to music. I have to be otherwise occupied in some way. I don't think I'm ADD, I just have a short attent-OOOO! Look! SHINY!


Ok, so there you have it. I'm pretty darn fascinating, aren't I? ( I fogot to mention that I'm a little sarcastic.....)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails