Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Fix

I had an urgent errand to run tonight.  People have been questioning me lately; wondering when I would deliver the goods I had promised weeks before.  I had been feeling the urge for the substance myself, for quite a while. I had no choice but to bring my children along with me on this nighttime mission.  Don't judge me until you've been in my shoes.  About an hour after darkness fell on our quiet, suburban neighborhood, we pulled into the parking lot in back of a local elementary school.  I scanned the cars and trucks in the parking lot, looking for my contact.  I nervously checked out every person I saw, whether walking in the dimly lit parking lot, or sitting in their cars-I tried not to make my staring obvious, but I had to find my dealer.  Not seeing her, I circled the parking lot slowly, cautiously, in my black minivan.  Finally, I saw it!  The silver sedan I was looking for was parked on the other side of the lot.  I parked, and got out-no one else was around.  My contact and I greeted each other casually, and we quickly loaded my van with the goods.  My hands started to tremble in anticipation of the pleasure that awaited me.  We said goodbye, and with relief that the hook up had been successful, I drove home.  Handing my son, and my daughter, a Girl Scout, each a box, we carried them in.  I needed to divide the stash into separate orders, but my own need was to great.  I tore open a box of Thin Mints, and bit into the chocolatey goodness.  Ah....the anticipation was finally over! Wait-what did you think I was talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails