Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to Eat an Apple (if you are a 9 year old girl)

My children have peculiar eating habits.  For example, ever since he was a baby, my son has refused to eat cereal.  I don't have any idea why.  He even went through a stage where he would not carry a grocery store bag that had a box of cereal in it.  My daughter is horrifyingly picky when it comes to food.  There is only a small handful of things she will eat, and she's very particular about how those things are prepared.  For example, she will only eat a whole apple if it's been peeled.  If I give her apple slices, she will take exactly one bite out of each slice so that she doesn't get too close to the peel.  So, with this in mind, I present my first "How To...." blog posting.

How to Eat an Apple if You are a 9 Year Old Girl

Step 1: Rummage around in the utensil drawer looking for the vegie/potato peeler.  Complain when it isn't found.
Step 2: Take teeny-tiny bites of the peel and spit them into the sink over and over until the peel is gone.  Do not rinse sink or run disposal afterwards.
Step 3: Take 2 or 3 small nibbles of the apple, decide you are full, and throw the whole apple in the sink.

Nice, huh? Meanwhile, my son (who doesn't mind eating the peel), has eaten (and swallowed) all of the peel off of his apple, and decided that he is full, too.  Next time, I'm going to have him eat the peel off, and give it to his sister to finsish.  Saves time and money-just like Jack Sprat and his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails