Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Five

Ok, I think I'm going to call this Friday Five, rather than Friday Favorites, because I have at least 5 things to say, but they aren't exactly favorites this time....soooooo....yeah.  As if you care. Anyhow-same format as last week, just some are favorites, and some are just random related bits.  (Why do I spend so much time explaining what I'm going to talk about before I talk about it? Because I'm a teacher and I'm good at rambling, that's why.)

TV-I was so excited to watch the new episode of 19 Kids and Counting this week! I don't know why I'm so addicted to this show, but I am.  Anyhow, I have to admit that I started bawling during the scene where all of the kids get to meet the new baby in her incubator.  The room was filled with Duggars, but everything was silent, except for all of the older girls sobbing at the sight of their tiny baby sister.  Very touching.

Music-I discovered that my husband likes Weather Channel music.  That was a frightening discovery, let me tell you!  He is seven years older than me, and usually our age difference isn't a big deal, but sometimes our taste in music can be a bit different.  This was one of those times.  We were listening to music from his iPod that he had docked to the stereo.  A jazzy instrumental came on that sounded like the music to the "Local on the 8's" on TWC-I made a crack about it, and he matter of factly commented that TWC does in fact, play this band's music quite often.  Well, of course I couldn't hold myself back from teasing him for the rest of the night.  For example, I'd turn the television to the weather channel, and say "Look honey! It's your favorite music video station! But what's with the geography lesson?"  I also might have brought up how soon I'll be driving him to Denny's for the Early Bird Special.  When he got tired of my jokes, I told him he could just turn his hearing aid down, and then he wouldn't have to listen. He loves me.

Book-Our Connection Group at church is doing a James MacDonald bible study, Gripped By the Greatness of God.  It's a video study with  a workbook.  I'm really enjoying it so far.  The daily workbook devotions are short, but thought provoking.

Movie-Well, I haven't seen it yet, but a friend and I are going to see New Moon tomorrow, if the weather is cooperative.  (I'll have to ask my husband what the forecasts on the Weather Video Channel are saying).  I'm not into vampires-I only read the books after everyone went on and on about how great they were.  Totally not typically my thing, but I read them and liked them well enough, (although I think Edward was a stalker, and Bella was a selfish and manipulative narcisisst, but that's a rant for another day).  Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to going with Jennifer, as she's one of the few people, besides my mother, who doesn't mind that I can't watch a movie like that without making sarcastic comments.  We're hoping that the theater isn't crowded so we can give it the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment.

Blog-I love this guy's blog, he cracks me up with his stories: http://www.knuckleheadhumor.com/  He's hilarious, and I especially love the stories that he tells about his childhood.  Check it out!

(Aack! Where did my spell check button disappear to?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails