Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's Tip


Today's tip-when your kids are home on a snow day, and are wreaking havoc indoors, don't assume that they will stop wreaking havoc when you send them outside to play.  Ask me how I know. Go on-ask me! On second thought, don't worry about asking me, because I'm going to tell you anyhow.
I sent the kids back outside this afternoon, because they were driving me insanehad lots of energy to burn off.  They played in the snow for about 45 minutes, and came back in.  I didn't suspect a thing until my son (guilty conscience perhaps?) mentions something about an ice rink in the garage. "A what in the WHAT?", I say.  "Oh, uh, never mind.  I don't want to tell you", my son replies nervously.  "No," I said, "tell me about this ice rink."  "What did you guys do?!"
Apparently, they thought it would be fun to sweep a bunch of snow onto the garage floor and smear it around until it melted in the hopes of having an ice skating rink. Lovely.  We are going to have below zero temperatures tonight, and below freezing weather for the next several days, so we are, in fact, the proud owners of an indoor ice skating rink.  Anyone who tries to enter or exit the garage will surely fall and crack his or her head open on the ice.  I guess I won't need to worry about the kids accidentally leaving the garage door open-it's now equipped with it's own burglar booby trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for reading my post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails